Saturday, December 6, 2008

Last night I got a phone call from one of the therapists who has evaluated Gabriel for First Steps in the past. Her husband's cousin is expecting a baby with a diagnosed DH in January. She wanted to know if the couple could call us and ofcourse we were happy to agree. I won't guess what thoughts and concerns are running through their minds, I can only attest to what we went through. I do know what a comfort it was to have people going through similar experiences at the same time to lean on and also how helpful it was to have someone to talk to who had been where we were previously. That last sentence was a little long and confusing, but hopefully understandable...? Anyway, We met a couple of families with surviving DH children and I have met some other families online who were a great resource when we had questions or even when we didn't know what questions to ask. Please keep them in your prayers.

Also continue to keep the Marks family in your prayers. I heard yesterday that (3rd or 4th hand, so hopefully nothing got lost in translation) that his Dr. in Arkansas is comfortable with the current status of the tumor and it is "quiet". I believe he is getting ready to start Chemo soon and it is expected to be rough. Continue to pray for Matthew and his family.

Also keep my sister-in-law and her mother in your prayers. Her mother has been recently diagnosed with lung cancer. I don't think they know too much yet, but cancer is always serious. She and my brother will be with her for Christmas, so we pray they find some peace and joy in the season.

No comments: